Musing on replanting... a kind of recycling. Recycling the space that has stopped being useful. Like cleaning closets. Letting go. Out with the old in with the new:
The Old (Planted March 13):
- 6-7 sq. lettuce. Romaine 2-3 plants per square was enough to give us a daily salad for about 2 weeks.
- 2 sq. snap peas. Enough to provide a morning snack every 3rd day for about 2 weeks
- 2 sq. bush beans. provided about 2 cups of green beans. Very discouraging really.
- Lettuce growing in the great wall is useful as a source of transplants. I'm moving plants to the empty squares and hoping they don't bolt. They aren't really getting enough sun on the wall. Maybe 4-5 hours a day. The plants are spindly and sad.
- 2 squares of pole beans planted in the watering trough.