|Pole beans in a wash tub|
- The plants sharing the 4x4 box with the zucchini yield the most and grow most vigorously.
- The plants growing around a study bamboo teepee are the easiest to harvest and the most pleasing to observe
- The tower created around old tomato cages make a wobbly tangle.
- The beans planted in the homemade "self watering" container box yield the least and look spindly
- Those in the wash tub and the watering trough containers also seem less vigorous although they were probably least densely planted as well.
- $100 water for 3 months over and above what we use during the off season
- $15 seeds
- $150 for soil ingredients: vermiculite, lava rock, various composts, lignea peat
- $140: 2 watering troughs
- $20: recycled 2x4s for 4x4 planter box
- $15 bamboo pole supports
- $20 garden ties,bits and pieces for the drip system
- Drip watering system (re-purposed from other years)
- Worm compost