Thursday, May 26, 2011

Great Wall of Lettuce a Year Later: Failure Report

While the Great Wall of Lettuce was a wonderful experiment.  It was a failed gardening technique.  Because I was unwilling to go the full 9 yards into hydroponics, the plants were spindly and undernourished.  I wanted to use worm tea as fertilizer but it didn't really work that well.   And while the plants got sufficient water, they lacked sufficient sun.  If I had more energy this year I would try it again in a more felicitous exposure, but I suspect that the roots would burn.  Maybe in the fall.   Maybe one of you guys is willing to try the project and report back.  I would like to find a way to make it work.  And I hear that persistence is the character trait most responsible for successful living.

No comments: