Monday, September 1, 2008

beauty minerals: raw, glo, bare, natural or pur? vitiligo and living a real life anyway


A few months ago I fell for my first "Free click here" yahoo mail ad... heck... if nothing else, this experience has proved that advertising is a lot like parenting -- as in: repeat yourself enough and eventually someone will unload the dishwasher.

But now 4 or 5 months later I have used-up all of my free $8.00 shipment of makeup (Like housework, exercise and eating, I wear makeup in binges -- luckily enough the practice of binging doesn't extend to drinking ... not yet anyway).

Here's the question: Should I buy more?

It's a bit of a loaded question because I have vitiligo. The effect it's had on my face is pronounced enough that more than once every few months a kid will screw up enough courage to ask me: what's wrong with your face? As a result I have grown from someone people would call elegantly handsome in the Angelica Houston mold, to someone who looks just horsey... like a paint or appolousa. So, there's a lot to sort through in answering the question. How normal do I want to look and how much am I willing to put into the effort. I still don't know for sure. Who am I fooling anyway?

No comments: